JAMES F. McCANN
Tel: +1.858.952.4241 Email: email@example.com
Proven Technology Leader
Business leader - international technical executive - delivering technology solutions, on-time and within budget, across a broad range of industries. I have led initially underperforming companies, programs, and projects to unprecedented levels of success. By building integrated operations including business development, service delivery and the implementation of information technology initiatives, I have advanced customers’ business achievement through establishing consistently measurable superior organizational performance.
CAREER HISTORY WITH ACHIEVEMENTS
Technical Director, San Diego Watercolors Society San Diego, CA 2013 - Current
- Transitioned SDWS to a new website, admin application and database engine
- Managed business relationships,support costs vs. value, ensuring fulfillment of client needs and goals.
- Developed SDWS Technology Plan to expand membership value
Program Manager, Jacobs Technology, San Diego, CA 2007 to 2013
- Directed the execution and delivery of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) programs for the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR).
- Managed business relationships, ensuring fulfillment of client needs and goals.
- Managed Jacobs’ more than 40 engineering, operations, IT Service Management, and logistics subject matter experts in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) replacement IT services contracts for PMW205.
- Earned Excellent and Very Good ratings in Contractor Performance Assessment ratings
Contract Discipline Manager, Electronic Data Systems (EDS), San Diego, CA 2004 to 2007
- Led the team that developed $700M in claims against the U.S. Department of the Navy, inspiring negotiation of new NMCI contract terms and conditions
- Secured an early 3-year, $1.6B contract extension, ensuring that all new contract provisions were clear and enforceable.
- Defined and implemented enterprise contract issue/dispute resolution toolset and process.
- Built sources of additional revenue through enhancement the of metric-based customer satisfaction incentives enabling Government specified initiatives.
NOC Manager/Project Manager/Transition Manager, EDS, San Diego, CA 2001 to 2004
- Directed initial stand-up and acceptance phases of San Diego’s NMCI Network Operations Center (NOC) and achieved ITAO on first attempt
- Managed service operations performance engineering projects such as toolset analysis project, pilot demonstration for Engineering and Operations Leaders and developed implementation plan.
- Established clear accountability for seat delivery roles and implemented fundamental disciplines to reduce and eliminate significant reliability and process problems resulting in the on-time deployment of more than 88,000 seats in less than 2 years.
CEO / Managing Director, DPBB Services SA, Geneva, Switzerland 2000 to 2001
- Led the DBPB Services SA to sustainable business performance, devising and executing initiatives to grow revenue and profitability for then-struggling Deutsche Bank’s International Private Banking subsidiary.
- Transitioned the department mindset and organization of 200 professionals to a company culture based upon delivering high quality IT and transaction settlement services.
- Established Service Level Agreements to manage performance justifying invoices, and payments, reestablishing positive cash flow.
- Designed and implemented new project and financial controls to manage P&L.
Director, Large Financial Institutions Y2K Services, EDS, Plano, TX 1997 to 2000
- Conducted an analysis of EDS’ entire Facilities Management/Outsourcing Business Portfolio to determine what the trans century liability and Y2K business opportunities for EDS.
- Presented several defensive and offensive market strategies and options available to EDS given the ubiquitous nature of this global IT maintenance challenge.
- Developed strategic business plan to bring EDS’ Y2K Services to market.
- Actively supported Y2K business initiatives through the US and Mexico and Europe
- Sold EDS’ first Y2K Services contract to Morgan Stanley in New York for $10M and managed account start up and generated approximately $200M in new revenue through development and delivery of Deutsche Bank Y2K remediation architecture and processes.
SBS Systems Engineering Manager, EDS, Plano, TX 1993 to 1997
- Consolidated the most senior, experienced and discipline diversified group of Systems Engineers into a single Strategic Banking System (SBS) Architecture team
- Conducted product analysis and selection justifying the retooling of the development environment enhancing the SE development productivity and cost.
- Migrated 300 person CICS/IMS-3270 mainframe development organization to NT/Unix based development architecture, reducing annual development infrastructure costs by $25M and increasing productivity of the organization.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Associate of Science – Thomas Nelson Community College, Hampton, VA
- ITILv3 – Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundations Certified
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Defense Acquisition University; Acquisitions 101, Logistics 101, Information Systems 101 and Systems 101