Pimientos y Chorizo Frito Tapas
I decided to make us a a Tapas dinner for Tuesday night. This sounded tasty simple and fast. I tweaked it to make it a tad spicier.
The key to this dish is getting genuine Spanish Chorizo. Mexican Chorizo is not the same.
1 Pablano pepper (long, green such as Anaheim)
1 bell pepper (red green or yellow)
2 Serrano peppers
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
2 to 3 garlic cloves minced or chopped
1 pound fresh Spanish chorizo; cut into 1-inch lengths
4 to 5 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch salt (or to taste)
- Rinse peppers; remove stems and seeds.
- Cut peppers into lengthwise slices, about 1/3-inch wide.
- Add olive oil into a heavy-bottomed frying pan and heat until oil shimmers.
- Fry chorizo pieces, onion and peppers, stirring often.
- When peppers are browned and almost cooked, add minced garlic and finish cooking.
Serve with rustic bread.