Some of my recipes like this one, came to me in my sleep. I have never eaten this dish but I guess in my subconscious, I always wanted it. Any way, I hope you enjoy my dreamy mushrooms5.
3 Tbs olive oil
6 Portobello mushrooms, wash and dried
1/2 cup Pablano chili, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 cup onion, finally chopped
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Tajin Classic Seasoning
1 Tbs roasted garlic, minced
1/2 cup Tamed Jalapeños, finely chopped
1 lbs. Crabmeat – lump or claw, your preference (picked over for shells and cartilage)
2 Tbs key lime juice
1 cup Italian bred crumbs
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
1/4 minced parsley
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 egg, slightly beaten
1-2 Tbs hot sauce (optional)
1/2 tsp each Salt substitute and coarse ground pepper
2 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
Lemon wedges and thinly sliced scallions for garnish.
- Prep all ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a large baking dish and set aside.
- Place the crabmeat in a large bowl and season with Tajin, and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and poblanos, and tamed jalapeño peppers. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the parsley and the garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix the cooled vegetables into the crabmeat and toss to combine. Add the, egg, key lime juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Stir gently with a large wooden spoon. Add half of the Italian bread and cracker crumbs, the salt substitute, and pepper, and stir gently, being careful not to break up the crabmeat. Add more crumbs to achieve the stuffing consistency, if needed.
- Wipe each portobello with olive oil. Stuff each mushroom with a mound about the same depth as the mushroom cap.
- Place stuffed mushrooms into the prepared baking dish and place on a middle shelf of the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and change oven setting to Broi.
- Brush each mushroom with melted butter and return to over,
- Watch closely to allow the buttered stuffing to get a little crisp on top but not to burn under the broiler.
Serve hot with lemon wedges and scallions garnish.