Italian Sausage Broil
To be honest, most of the time I can tie back my new recipes to someone else’s that got me started thinking along the lines of, “That sounds good but wouldn’t it be even better if we …” This time is different because I am just not sure where the idea came from but it was good.
2 packages of Italian Sausages (one Sweet and the other Hot)
2 green peppers of any color, chopped rough
2 zucchini, chopped rough
2 Tbs olive oil
3 cloves, garlic minced
1 Yellow Onion, chopped rough
8 oz of Baby Portobello Mushrooms (aka Cremini Mushrooms), rough chopped
1 lbs of cherry, grape or roma tomatoes, halved or chunked
1 small can of V8
Salt and Pepper to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle 1 Tbs of oil around a rimmed cookie sheet. Add sausages with space in between them and roll in oil. Turn oven on Broil High.
- In a large mixing bowl mix garlic, peppers, onions, zucchini (or you could use green beans or the squash, or even broccoli I guess, but I like zucchini for this dish), tomatoes, mushrooms and olive oil until everything is coated with oil. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Spread vegetable mixture over and around the sausage on the cookie sheet. Pour V8 over the entire mess.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven a bout 6 inches from Broiler element and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and turn sausages over and return to oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Place sausage and vegies in a large family serving bowl and serve with rice or a pasta of your choice. Provide Parmesan cheese on the side.