Baked Bacon Taters
I am falling in love with Create TV. I am enjoying resisting old friends like Bob Ross and Roy Underhill. I always loved Bob’s happy little cabins in his paintings and Roy’s enthusiasm for being a woodwright using no power tools to build the most amazing wooden things. I also like the diverse spectrum of cooking shows. Sometimes when I turn it on, its part way through a cooking show. I got to this one from a fragment of one of those shows. It turned out yummy so I thought I would share it. This is the base reciepe, you could get all kinds of crazy from here if you would like by adding peppers or cheese. Serve with a dollop of sour cream with a garnish of more scallions or even cilantro.
6-8 Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths long ways.
1 12-15oz of hickory smoked bacon
1 bunch of scallions, cleaned and rough chopped diagonally
1/2 tsp Trader Joes Chili Lime Spice
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Chop bacon in to 2-3 in lengths
- Place bacon across the bottom of a 9×11 baking dish
- Add potatoes on top of the bacon
- Sprinkle the scallions and the Chili Lime spice over potatoes
- Place in the oven’s center shelf and bake for 1 hour