1 Pan Chicken Dinner
I got a great deal on some chicken and wanted to try something different. I searched out this interesting sheet pan chicken reciepe and tweaked it a bit to come up with this “Winner winner, chicken dinner” deal. If you prefer you can just cook the chicken without the vegetable layer below but drizzle some olive oil over it before putting it in the oven.
3 pounds bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks (or a mixture), patted dry
5 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
3 teaspoons chopped thyme leaves
5 garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
4 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Tajin spice
1 Tbs honey
1-2 cups bread crumbs or Panko
1 Tbs good olive oil
4 medium potatoes, washed and 3/8-1/2in diced, skin on
1/2 yellow onion, chopped rough
2 cups raw spinach
1 Pablano pepper, rough chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine both dijon and whole grani whole-grain mustards, thyme leaves, 3 garlic cloves, butter, honey and Dijon mustard. Dry chicken completely and season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken pieces to bowl, rub mixture all over chicken and set aside, Line a sheet pan with Parchment Paper.
- Add vegetables to bowl and mix with remaining mixture, 1 Tsp good olive oil, 2 minced garlic cloves, Tajin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread coated vegetables on parchment paper in sheet pan.
- Place bread crumbs in a wide, shallow bowl, then coat the chicken evenly with bread crumbs. Place chicken on top of vegetables on baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is golden and vegetables are softened, ~ 35 to 45 minutes or until chick reaches 165 degrees when measured at the thickest part of the piece.
- Let the chicken rest covered for 5 minutes before serving.