Bacon Wrapped Chicken Liver Salad
I know that just the thought of having anything to do with chicken livers will set some folks to running but if you have been blessed with the peculiar set genes that make cooking and eating these doodads a good idea, then read on,
1 lbs container of Chicken livers washed with the white parts removed and cut into bite sized pieces
5-6 pieces of hickory smoked bacon
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 Tbs olive oil. adjust as needed
3 Tbs Balsamic vinegar, adjust as needed
A bag of fresh spinach, washed and dried
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap each chicken liver piece in a bitesized piece of bacon and stick a toothpick through it
- In a large skillet, heat oil until it shimmers. Place flour in a wide shallow bowl and salt and pepper.
- Dredge wrapped chicken livers through the flour and put into the hot pan. Allow each side to cook until the bacon is crispy.
- Prepare a plate with paper towels to place the cooked wrapped chicken livers. Place each cooked liver on the plate, remove toothpicks and discard them. Reduce heat to low but keep the oil shimmering.
- Add basaltic vinegar to pan drippings, add more oil if needed. scrape fond and continue to heat, stir and add oil and vinegar until you have enough hot dressing for both salads.
- Place spinach in salad bowls. Place the wrapped chicken livers on top of the spinach,
- Pour hot dressing from the pan over the spinach and wrapped livers.
Enjoy your superior pallet!