Baked Crispy Chicken Wings
I am always on the lookout for non-fried crispy wings so I had to try this one.
2-3 lbs chicken wings, dried
2-3 tsp baking powder (1 tsp/lbs of wings)
Salt Substitute & coarse ground pepper to taste
1/4 lbs of butter substitute, melted
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup wing sauce or Chulola sauce
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dry wings completely using pepper towels and place them into a bowl. Mix in baking soda, salt substitute, and pepper and stir to coat wings
- On a parchment-covered rimmed cookie sheet, spread the wings evenly.
- Place on middle rack in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- While baking, add butter substitute, garlic, wing sauce or Cholula, and apple cider vinegar to a large mixing bowl. Mix well
- After 30 minutes, pull the wings out of the oven, and turn them over. Return wings to the oven on broil until wings are crispy.
- Allow crispy wings to rest for 3-5 minutes before adding them to the sauce bowl. Stir to coat well.
- Serve hot with celery and carrot sticks and your favorite bleu cheese dipping sauce,