As long as I had the Vodka out for the Martinis … Do you like Bloody Marys? Not everyone does while others consider it a mainstay cocktail (because its “OK” to drink with breakfast, I think). I got a few positive comments back on the Martini recipe that I published last week. So I thought I would follow up with an early Christmas present for all of those who enjoy the occasional tomato based cocktail. I do not do these often but when I do, I do them well (iffn I do say so myself). Like with the Martinis, there is a certain amount of religious vigor needed to pull it off correctly:
- Gather the stuff you will need: Cocktail Shaker, Ice, Vodka that you like, V8 Juice, Cholula Hot Sauce, Woustershire Sauce, Celery Stalk (with or without leaves, your choice) and Celery Salt
- Prepare the glasses – Some like to wet the tip of the glass with lime juice and dip it into garlic salt for this cocktail. I have done it, liked it but mostly don’t do it usually because its kind of pretentious. You can fill a Tall Glass half way with ice and set it aside while you mix the rest.
- Put 2 jiggers of Vodka, 1/2 tsp of Celery Salt, Dash of Cholula Hot Sauce and a Dash of Woustershire Sauce (dash to your tastes – no one measures this stuff – you do know what you like right?) into the Cocktail Shaker and then add the V8 juice.
- Stir or shake in the shaker well.
- Put Celery Stalk into the tall glass and pour the brownish, red nectar of the Gods into your ice cold glass.
- Take a large spicy sip and bite the celery. Then start talking like you know what your talking about – it’s kind of expected when you drink these things. You can wave the celery around for effect, if you like.