Chicken, Corn & Okra with Tartar Butter
I found this one on NYT Cooking, It sounded good so I tweaked it some to be mo betta! Serves 4-6
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp Tajin spice, divided
1 tsp TJ’s Chili Lime spice, divided
Kosher salt and black pepper
5 ears corn, shucked
1 pound fresh whole okra, stems trimmed (Okra is not always available so you can use zucchini or squash as well)
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles
3 tablespoons finely chopped capers
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high and grease grates. (Alternatively, heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high and lightly grease.)
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken and 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with half the tajin, Chili Lime, salt and pepper, and toss to evenly coat. Rub corn and okra with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with half the tajin, Chili Lime, salt and pepper. Skewer okra or place in a grill basket to prevent them from falling through the grates during cooking.
- Working in batches if needed, grill chicken, corn and okra, turning occasionally, until chicken is nicely charred and cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes for the okra and 10 to 12 minutes for the chicken and corn.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine butter, pickles, capers and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well. Once okra is done, toss with 2 tablespoons of the tartar butter while warm.
- Divide chicken and vegetables among plates. Slather corn with some of the tartar butter.
Serve with lemon wedges and extra tartar butter on the side.