Creamy Garlic Chicken Alfredo Pasta
We had some cooked chicken in the freezer and i was feeling a little lazy. Got to thinking and came up with this one based upon some ideas got doing some “googlenss”. This one has it all ..wine, mushrooms, cream and lots and lots of Parmesan!!!! Yum!
1. 5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, (or cooked chicken meat)
Salt and pepper, to season
2 Tbs olive oil, divided
1 onion, diced
2 Tbs minced garlic)
1/2 cup dry white wine,
8 oz brown mushrooms, sliced
2 cups chicken broth, or stock
1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided (or half and half or evaporated milk)
2 Tbs capers
16 oz dry pasta, fettuccine, penne or ziti
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Dice cooked chicken into bite sized pieces or cook the chicken like this:
1. Season chicken meat with salt and pepper.
2. Heat half of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and sear on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.
3. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil in the pot. Fry onion until transparent, stirring occasionally (about 2 minutes). Sauté the garlic until fragrant (30 seconds), then add in the white wine and allow to reduce to half (about 4-5 minutes). Add the mushrooms and cook for about a minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Pour in broth and 1 cup of cream (half and half or evaporated milk); season with salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle simmer then add the pasta.
- Mix well, reduce the heat to a slow simmer while stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente (about 15 minutes).
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese until it melts through the sauce. Remove from heat immediately and slowly add in 1/4-1/2 cup remaining cream if sauce it too thick for your liking. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste. if still too thick, add water in 1/4 increments.
- Stir chicken pieces into pasta mixture. garnish with more Parmesan and parsley. Serve.