Roasted Potato Wedges
I try to mix it up some.. baked, fries, mashed even, but sometimes I just want to do something really different. I stole this one from Pioneer Woman and of course, had to mess with it some room (She loves kosher salt as much as I used to!), Enjoy!
4 Tbs olive oil
6 Russet Taters (good sized), cut into 8 long wedges
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Trader Joe’s Chili and Lime spice
1 Tbs smoked Paprika
Salt Substitute & coarse ground pepper to taste
Herbs (parsley or chopped rosemary, chives, all good)
- Preheat oven to a nice hot 450 degrees.
- Wash, dry and cut potato wedges
- Assemble and mix all the other ingredients (except herbs) in a large mixing bowl. Add potatoes and turn until the wedges are coated completely in goodness.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over a cookie sheet and add tater wedges. Try to make sure that they do not overlap too much.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven.
- Roast taters for 25 minutes, remove from oven.
Using a spatula, shaker, stir and turn so all sides are in a different spot that before.
- There are a lot of variables – size of the potatoes, oven temp, etc, so keep an eye on it another ~ 30 minutes or so. Your taters should be cooked through and a little crispy. Check the seasoning adjust salt substitute and pepper as needed.
- Sprinkle with herbs, if you have them and serve hot.