Roasted Vegetable Salad
I found myself with an embarrassment of fresh veggies recently. I thought about it some and decided I would roast the veggies, add some cucumber and tomatoes and serve cold.
1 bag of fresh Brussels Sprouts, washed, cleaned and halved
1 pablano or bell pepper or those cute little red and yellow ones, de-seeded and chopped rough
1 yellow onion, rough chopped
8 oz fresh green beans, washed and halved
1 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp coarse ground pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbs good balsamic vinegar
1 Tbs good roasted Sesame seed oil
3/4 English cucumber, partially peeled and sliced thin
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, washed and halved and divided
1 Tbs dried Basil or 1 cube frozen
2 Tbs good Parmesan cheese, grated
2 Tbs capers, drained
1 fresh avocado peeled, and diced (optional)
1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- Wash and prep ingredients; Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss everything* in a large mixing bowl and stir until everything* is well coated
- Cover a edged cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread mixture over parchment paper on cookie sheet
- Place on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for ~35 minutes..veggies should be wilted and starting to caramelize and brown. Test for doneness.
- Allow to cool on stovetop until room temp. Transfer to bowl.
- Add cucumber, tomatoes, avocado (option) and Parmesan or Feta, stir well.
- Put into the refrigerator for at least and hour before serving.
Serve with your favorite dressing and croutons.
* everything except 1/2 of the tomatoes, capers, avocado, parmesan or feta that go in after roasted veggies have cooled.