Thai Chicken Salad
We love chicken salad sandwiches for lunch a lot! I have been known to cook chickens or buy those store cooked chickens for the sole purpose of making a batch of chicken salad. However this time, I decided to do something a little different and it worked out pretty good. I thought of another variation on this that I want to try is with the juice and zest of a fresh lime and chopped cilantro.
1 -1.25 lbs of chicken tenderloins
1 Tbs olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Ground (fresh if you can get it) Coriander
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 Tsp of dried basil (or fresh)
2 stalks fresh celery, diced
1/2-3/4 cup Mayonnaise (adjust to your tasted during assembly)
1 cup Sweet Thai Chili sauce, divided
Kosher salt and coarse ground pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat. Allow oil and pan to get hot then add chicken tenders and garlic. Salt and pepper
- Stir 1/2 sweet Thai chili sauce into the chicken and continue to stir until the chicken is cooked through ~10 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- When cooled to room temp, chop chick into chicken salad sized pieces (~1/4 inch cubes)
- In a large mixing bowl. combine cooled chicken, onion, celery, coriander and remaining sweet Thai chili sauce until fully mixed and coated. Add mayonnaise at Tbs at a time until your chicken salad reaches the right consistency
- With some lettuce and tomato and spread on your favorite bread you have a nice sandwich or leave off the bread. Add fresh cilantro and lime juice, desired.