The UJT Music Trivia Quiz !
I am not aware of any government studies that confirm it, but I believe that music is the universal language of humanity. If we spent more time appreciating what our music was trying to tell us we would live in a much less dangerous place. We would find our common humanity and appreciate the differences between us more. In my experience music (with the possible exceptions of Disco, Opera and Rap) teaches us tolerance and contemplation. All kidding aside, we could do worse than pay attention to the details of the sounds that soothe us and help us grow.
In that light, I have initiated the UJT Musical Trivia Quiz. About once each month, I will assemble a numbered list of musical trivia items (a factoid about the music or bit of lyric or some other detail you should know if you were paying attention) and a lettered list of songs and artists associated with that musical item. Your mission is to match the items to their owners and songs. The key will be provided at the bottom of the page, much like we do the Vocabulary Word Quiz.
This in intended to be fun and thought provoking. A challenge to our minds (as opposed to Google!) in connecting details you have probably witnessed with those that created them. Whether you succeed or not is not really the point. Remember, we should try to enjoy the journey.
Musical Trivia Quiz for June 10th, 2021
1. What song is “It’s a little bit funny this feeling inside I’m not one of those who can easily hide ” from?
2. What song is “Pretty girls are dancing in the sea They all look like sisters in the ocean” from ?
3. What song is “Well I lay my head on the railroad track Waiting on the Double E” from?
4. What song is “I met a gin-soaked, bar-room queen in Memphis, she tried to take me upstairs for a ride?
5. What song begins with “ Sunset is an angel weeping Holding out a bloody sword” ?
6. Which song is “And it’s just like the ocean under the moon, oh it’s the same as the emotion that I get from you.” from?
7. What song is “Remember to let her into your heart, then you can start to make it better.” from?
8. What song is “ I’ve been run down and I’ve been lied to. And I don’t know why, I let that mean woman make me a fool ” from ?
9. What song includes the lyrics, ”She says it’s all gonna end and it might as well be my fault
And she only sleeps when it’s raining” from?
10. What hit song starts with, “On a morning from a Bogart movie In a country where they turn back time” ?
A. Whipping Post
B Honky Tonk Woman
C. Poor Poor Pitiful Me
E. Year of the Cat
F. Pacing the Cage
H. Your Song
I. Hey Jude
1. H) Elton John
2. G) Jimmy Buffet
3. C) Linda Ronstadt
4. B) Rolling Stones
5. F) Bruce Cockburn
6. J) Santana (feat. Rob Thomas)
7. I) The Beatles
8. A) The Allman Brothers Band
9. D) Matchbox Twenty
10. E) Al Stewart