The UJT Music Trivia Quiz!
I am not aware of any government studies that confirm it, but I believe that music is the universal language of humanity. If we spent more time appreciating what our music was trying to tell us we would live in a much less dangerous place. We would find our common humanity and appreciate the differences between us more. In my experience music (with the possible exceptions of Disco, Opera, and Rap) teaches us tolerance and contemplation. All kidding aside, we could do worse than pay attention to the details of the sounds that soothe us and help us grow.
In that light, I have initiated the UJT Musical Trivia Quiz. About once each month, I will assemble a numbered list of musical trivia items (a factoid about the music or bit of lyric or some other detail you should know if you were paying attention to) and a lettered list of songs and artists associated with that musical item. Your mission is to match the items to their owners and songs. The key will be provided at the bottom of the page, much like we do the Vocabulary Word Quiz.
This is intended to be fun and thought-provoking. A challenge to our minds (as opposed to Google!) in connecting details you have probably witnessed with those that created them. Whether you succeed or not is not really the point. Remember, we should try to enjoy the journey.
Musical Trivia Quiz for September 14th, 2023
1. What band told us to “Relax”?
2. What song is, “I’m never gonna dance again, Guilty feet have got no rhythm,” from ?
3. What song is, “If there’s something strange, in your neighborhood” from?
4. What song is, “You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar” from?
5. What song lyrics include , “The clouds never expect it when it rains, But the sea changes colors, but the sea does not change” from?
6. What song lyrics include, “You can’t start a fire, you can’t start a fire without a spark”?
7. What song begins with , ”Tommy used to work on the docks, union’s been on strike, He’s down on his luck, it’s tough, so tough” from?
8. What song is “ Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dreams” from?
9. What song lyrics include, “And I’ve been waiting for this moment, for all my life, oh lord” ?
10.Which song, performed by Irene Cara, served as the title track for a 1980 movie about a performing arts school in New York City was the title track for which dance-focused film?
A. Karma Chameleon
B Don’t You Want Me
D. In the Air Tonight
F. Age of Seventeen
G. Careless Whisper
H. Frankie Goes to Hollywood
I. Livin’ on a Prayer
J. Can’t Start a Fire
1. H) In 1984, this was their big hit from their, “Now That’s What I Call Muisic” album
2. G) George Micheal
3. C) Ray Parker Jr.
4. B) Human League
5. F) Stevie Nicks
6. J) Bruce Springsteen
7. I) Bon Jovi
8. A) Culture Club
9. D) Phil Collins
10. E) Irene Cara Escalera (March 18, 1959 – November 25, 2022) was an American singer and actress who rose to prominence for her role as Coco Hernandez in the 1980 musical film Fame.