The UJT Music Trivia Quiz !
I am not aware of any government studies that confirm it, but I believe that music is the universal language of humanity. If we spent more time appreciating what our music was trying to tell us we would live in a much less dangerous place. We would find our common humanity and appreciate the differences between us more. In my experience music (with the possible exceptions of Disco, Opera and Rap) teaches us tolerance and contemplation. All kidding aside, we could do worse than pay attention to the details of the sounds that soothe us and help us grow.
In that light, I have initiated the UJT Musical Trivia Quiz. About once each month, I will assemble a numbered list of musical trivia items (a factoid about the music or bit of lyric or some other detail you should know if you were paying attention) and a lettered list of songs and artists associated with that musical item. Your mission is to match the items to their owners and songs. The key will be provided at the bottom of the page, much like we do the Vocabulary Word Quiz.
This in intended to be fun and thought provoking. A challenge to our minds (as opposed to Google!) in connecting details you have probably witnessed with those that created them. Whether you succeed or not is not really the point. Remember, we should try to enjoy the journey.
Musical Trivia Quiz for March 4th, 2021
1. What song is “”I hear the train a comin’, it’s rolling round the bend, and I ain’t seen the sunshine since I don’t know when” from?
2. What song is “ “Don’t cry, don’t raise your eye It’s only teenage wasteland” from ?
3. What song is “She loves to laugh, she loves to sing, she does everything” from?
4. What song is “Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name, but what’s puzzling you is the nature of my game” from?
5. What song begins with “ “On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair, warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air” ?
6. Which song is “Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality” from?
7. What song is “I’ll tip my hat to the new constitution, take a bow for the new revolution” from?
8. What song is “Well, you ain’t never caught a rabbit, and you ain’t no friend of mine” from ?
9. What song includes the lyrics, ”Big wheels keep on turning, carry me home to see my kin, singing songs about the Southland” from?
10. What hit song starts with, “Rising up, back on the street. Did my time, took my chances”?
AA. Hound Dog
B Sympathy for the Devil
C. Any Way You Want It
D. Sweet Home Alabama
E. Eye of the Tiger
F. Hotel California
G. Baba O’ Riley
H. Folsom Prison
I. Won’t Get Fooled Again
J. Bohemian Rhapsody
1. H) Johnny Cash
2. G) The Who
3. C) Journey
4. B) Rolling Stones
5. F) The Eagles
6. J) Queen
7. I) The Who
8. A) Elvis Presley
9. D) Lynyrd Skynyrd
10. E) Survivor