The UJT Music Trivia Quiz !
I am not aware of any government studies that confirm it, but I believe that music is the universal language of humanity. If we spent more time appreciating what our music was trying to tell us we would live in a much less dangerous place. We would find our common humanity and appreciate the differences between us more. In my experience music (with the possible exceptions of Disco, Opera and Rap) teaches us tolerance and contemplation. All kidding aside, we could do worse than pay attention to the details of the sounds that soothe us and help us grow.
In that light, I have initiated the UJT Musical Trivia Quiz. About once each month, I will assemble a numbered list of musical trivia items (a factoid about the music or bit of lyric or some other detail you should know if you were paying attention) and a lettered list of songs and artists associated with that musical item. Your mission is to match the items to their owners and songs. The key will be provided at the bottom of the page, much like we do the Vocabulary Word Quiz.
This in intended to be fun and thought provoking. A challenge to our minds (as opposed to Google!) in connecting details you have probably witnessed with those that created them. Whether you succeed or not is not really the point. Remember, we should try to enjoy the journey.
Musical Trivia Quiz for April 11th, 2019
1. Of Pink Floyd’s four most popular albums which one came out first ?
2. What band had a “Ramblin’ Man” as their lead singer ?
3. Which singer’s real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta?
4. What pop album was the best selling of all time?
5. How is Robert Zimmerman better known?
6. In what city was Jim Morrison buried in?
7. Who was the lead singer of the 1980’s pop group Culture Club?
8. Which American singer died as a result of anorexia in 1983, aged just 32?
9. Which British 1980’s pop group took their name from a mad scientist in the movie Barbarella?
A. Karen Carpenter
C. Lady Gaga
D. Duran Duran
E. Katy Perry
F. Bob Dylan
G. The Allman Brothers Band
H. Dark Side of the Moon
I. Boy George
J. Paris, France
1. H) Dark Side came out in 1973, Wish You Were Here ’75, Animals ’77, The Wall ’79
2. G) From their “Brothers and Sisters”
10. E) .