The UJT Music Trivia Quiz !
I am not aware of any government studies that confirm it, but I believe that music is the universal language of humanity. If we spent more time appreciating what our music was trying to tell us we would live in a much less dangerous place. We would find our common humanity and appreciate the differences between us more. In my experience music (with the possible exceptions of Disco, Opera and Rap) teaches us tolerance and contemplation. All kidding aside, we could do worse than pay attention to the details of the sounds that soothe us and help us grow.
In that light, I have initiated the UJT Musical Trivia Quiz. About once each month, I will assemble a numbered list of musical trivia items (a factoid about the music or bit of lyric or some other detail you should know if you were paying attention) and a lettered list of songs and artists associated with that musical item. Your mission is to match the items to their owners and songs. The key will be provided at the bottom of the page, much like we do the Vocabulary Word Quiz.
This in intended to be fun and thought provoking. A challenge to our minds (as opposed to Google!) in connecting details you have probably witnessed with those that created them. Whether you succeed or not is not really the point. Remember, we should try to enjoy the journey.
Musical Trivia Quiz for November 10th, 2022
1. Who was Jethro Tull?
2. What song is, “Into this house we’re born Into this world we’re thrown.” from ?
3. What song is, “Twenty four and there’s so much more Live alone in a paradise That makes me think of two. ” from?
4. What song is “Sleep all day, out all night I know where you’re goin’. I don’t think that’s acting right You don’t think it’s showin’” from?
5. What song is, “One day up near Salinas, Lord, I let him slip away He’s looking for that home and I hope he finds it” from?
6. What song begins with, “ ‘Twas the witch of November come stealin’ The dawn came late and the breakfast had to wait” ?
7. What song includes the lyrics, ”I wait for the sun To remind my body It needs restin’” from?
8. What song is “ There’s an old man sitting next to me Making love to his tonic and gin” from
9. What hit song starts with, “Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on Main Street
Chicago, New York, Detroit and it’s all on the same street ”
10. What was the name of B.B. King’s guitar”?
A. Piano Man
B Funk #49
C. Old Man
F. Me and Bobby Magee
G. Riders on the Storm
H. Agronomist and inventor
I. So Begins the Task
J. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
1. H) Jethro Tull (1674-1751) was a British agronomist and inventor (i.e the horse drawn hoe).
2. G) The Doors
3. C) Neil Young
4. B) James Gang
5. F) Kris Kristofferson and Janis Joplin
6. J) Gordon Lightfoot
7. I) Stephan Stills
8. A) Billy Joel
9. D) Grateful Dead
10. E) He ran into a burning building in his 20s to save the guitar.