The UJT Music Trivia Quiz !
I am not aware of any government studies that confirm it, but I believe that music is the universal language of humanity. If we spent more time appreciating what our music was trying to tell us we would live in a much less dangerous place. We would find our common humanity and appreciate the differences between us more. In my experience music (with the possible exceptions of Disco, Opera and Rap) teaches us tolerance and contemplation. All kidding aside, we could do worse than pay attention to the details of the sounds that soothe us and help us grow.
In that light, I have initiated the UJT Musical Trivia Quiz. About once each month, I will assemble a numbered list of musical trivia items (a factoid about the music or bit of lyric or some other detail you should know if you were paying attention) and a lettered list of songs and artists associated with that musical item. Your mission is to match the items to their owners and songs. The key will be provided at the bottom of the page, much like we do the Vocabulary Word Quiz.
This in intended to be fun and thought provoking. A challenge to our minds (as opposed to Google!) in connecting details you have probably witnessed with those that created them. Whether you succeed or not is not really the point. Remember, we should try to enjoy the journey.
Musical Trivia Quiz for November 14th, 2019
1. Who played guitar in Jerry Garcia’s place as part of Dead & Company?
2. What Bob Dylan song has been covered the most by other artists?
3. Who told us to “Don’t Worry Be Happy”?
4. Where was former lead guitarist for Deep Purple and James Gang, Tommy Bolin, when he died?
5. What Bob Dylan song was his most popular hit ?
6. What current rock & roll band is related to “The Lennon Sisters” vocal group from the 1950s?
7. Which Beatle wrote, “Octopuss’ Garden” ?
8. Who did John Lennon write “Dear Prudence” for?
9. Where did Mick Jagger and Keith Richards meet?
10. What school was Jagger attending when The Rolling Stones started?
A. Mia Farrow;s sister
B. Miami, Florida
C. Bobby McFerrin
D. Elementary school
E. London School of Economics
F. Like a Rolling Stone
G. Blowin’ In the Wind
H. John Mayer
I. Richard Starkey
1. H) John has been touring almost non-stop with Dead & Company since 2015.
2. G) This song was recorded by 375 artists.
3. C) On his 1988 release,”Simple Pleasures”.
4. B) Drug Overdose on December 4, 1976 in a hotel, Tommy was 25 years old.
6. J) Venice is still a family affair ..two sets of two brothers who are cousins. The Lennon Sisters were 4 sisters out of 6 who had 5 brothers as well. They liked big families.
7. I) Aka Ringo Starr. He also wrote “Don’t Pass Me By”.
8. A) Prudence Farrow became obsessed with the meditative process and spent almost all of her free time in meditation. The others began to worry about her, and John wrote Dear Prudence as a plea for her to “come out and play” with the rest of the group. She did
9. D) The boys grew up near each other and met again later when Richards spotted Jagger at a translation carrying records by Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters.
10. E) In 1962, Jagger was an undergraduate business student at the London School of Economics