The UJT Music Trivia Quiz !
I am not aware of any government studies that confirm it, but I believe that music is the universal language of humanity. If we spent more time appreciating what our music was trying to tell us we would live in a much less dangerous place. We would find our common humanity and appreciate the differences between us more. In my experience music (with the possible exceptions of Disco, Opera and Rap) teaches us tolerance and contemplation. All kidding aside, we could do worse than pay attention to the details of the sounds that soothe us and help us grow.
In that light, I have initiated the UJT Musical Trivia Quiz. About once each month, I will assemble a numbered list of musical trivia items (a factoid about the music or bit of lyric or some other detail you should know if you were paying attention) and a lettered list of songs and artists associated with that musical item. Your mission is to match the items to their owners and songs. The key will be provided at the bottom of the page, much like we do the Vocabulary Word Quiz.
This in intended to be fun and thought provoking. A challenge to our minds (as opposed to Google!) in connecting details you have probably witnessed with those that created them. Whether you succeed or not is not really the point. Remember, we should try to enjoy the journey.
Musical Trivia Quiz for June 27th, 2019
1. What “Cut my heel and made me cruise on back home”?
2. What band sang,” Taking It All Too Hard”?
3. Who wrote the song, “Pacing the Cage”?
4. What band released “Nights In White Satin? in 1967?
5. What Rolling Stone joined the 27 Club on July 3, 1969?
6. Which year did The Who release the first of their fourteen live albums, “Live at Leeds”?
7. What co-writer sang “I want my MTV” on “Money for Nothing” by the Dire Straights ?
8. Who wrote, “Rainy Night in Georgia” in 1967?
9. Which artist was inducted into the Songwriters and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000?
10. What famous rock and roller has amassed $550 million from records, clubs, licensing, casinos and merchandising ?
A. Tony Joe White
B. The Moody Blues
C. Bruce Cockburn
D. James Taylor
E. Jimmy Buffet
F. Brian Jones
H. A pop top
1. H) Margaritaville; Changes in Latitudes, 1977
2. G) From their 1983 album entitled, “Genesis”.
5. F) but the founder or the 27 Club is actually Robert Johnson who died at 27 in 1938.