The UJT Music Trivia Quiz !
I am not aware of any government studies that confirm it, but I believe that music is the universal language of humanity. If we spent more time appreciating what our music was trying to tell us we would live in a much less dangerous place. We would find our common humanity and appreciate the differences between us more. In my experience music (with the possible exceptions of Disco, Opera and Rap) teaches us tolerance and contemplation. All kidding aside, we could do worse than pay attention to the details of the sounds that soothe us and help us grow.
In that light, I have initiated the UJT Musical Trivia Quiz. About once each month, I will assemble a numbered list of musical trivia items (a factoid about the music or bit of lyric or some other detail you should know if you were paying attention) and a lettered list of songs and artists associated with that musical item. Your mission is to match the items to their owners and songs. The key will be provided at the bottom of the page, much like we do the Vocabulary Word Quiz.
This in intended to be fun and thought provoking. A challenge to our minds (as opposed to Google!) in connecting details you have probably witnessed with those that created them. Whether you succeed or not is not really the point. Remember, we should try to enjoy the journey.
Musical Trivia Quiz for January 13th, 2022
1. What name was Sting born with ???
2. What song is. “Precious kisses words that burn me Lovers never ask you why.“ from ?
3. What song is “Make no sound, tip-toe across the floor If he hears, he’ll knock all day” from?
4. What song is “Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place Where as a child I’d hide” from?
5. What song begins with “It’s close to midnight and something evil’s lurking in the dark
6. Which song is “Put his ear to the wall, then like a distant scream He heard one guitar, just blew him away” from?
7. What song is “You had this boy believin’ Way beyond the shadow of a doubt, yeah” from?
8. What song is “”I have only come here seeking knowledge Things they would not teach me of in college” from ?
9. What song begins with the lyrics, ”Hey little sister what have you done?” from?
10. What is Boy George’s real name?
A. Wrapped Around Your Finger
B Sweet Child
C. Who Can It Be Now
D. White Wedding
E. George Allen O’Dowd
G. Do You Really Want to Hurt Me
H. Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner
I. Cuts Like a Knife
J. Juke Box Hero
1. H) In his personal life he goes by Sting, His mother and children all call him that.
2. G) Culture Club
3. C) Men at Work
4. B) Guns & Roses
5. F) Michael Jackson
6. J) Foreigner
7. I) Brian Adams
8. A) The Police
9. D) Billy Idol