February 21st, 2019
“Jó reggelt (kívánok)” Wishing all a fine “Good Morning” in Hungarian.
As SCROTUS works hard to circumvent the will of the people like he has most of the applicable tax laws during is lifetime, I can think of only one real National Emergency. We need to get this arrogant miscreant moron out of the White House as soon as possible. The real bonafide emergency is that this individual and his wealthy cronies will set back our freedoms, financial viability, our ecology and further divide our country in the few “Haves” and the many “Have Nots”. The least destructive thing that he does is play golf more than any other president in history but even that is costing us millions!!
This week I learned some stuff:
• Today is NATIONAL GRAIN-FREE DAY!!! National Grain-Free Day inspires families and friends to gather and enjoy each others’ company over grain-free meals. What a remarkable way to devote an entire day to loved ones who cope with dietary limitations.
• It pays to do price comparisons on line. This week alone I have paid less for things than I would have had I not did Google Searches to compare prices.
• Last week for the New Vocabulary Quiz.
• 2nd week for the “New” UJT Music Trivia Quiz.
• I went a little crazy and came up with a dish that was too spicy for at least one of the wussies in my house but it was very very tasty as well. I added Spicy Adobo Beef Tacos to the Main Course page this week.
Writing, Ceramics and Painting Update:
• I mostly lollygaged this week artistically.
• Grandpa Stories is still not re-published.
• Absolutely nothing weird happened this week!
Go to this week’s UJT Radio program.
• Eric Johnson — 40 Mile Town — One of my favorite tunes by one of my favorite guitar players.
• Dire Straits — Your Latest Trick — These guys are just sooooo tight! And they can reproduce it live, just like you hear it here. It starts soft and build and builds. This one is form their “Brothers In Arms” released in May of 1985.
• Dave Mason — We Just Disagree — From the Vinyl!!! This one came to us in 1977 on his “Let It Flow”. I always thought this is how grown ups should behave.
• Blind Faith – Presence of the Lord – I think of these guys as the offspring of Traffic and Cream. They only cut one record and made one tour before they blew up but oh my!What a stellar performance. This was released in 1969,
• The Derek Trucks Band — This Sky — This is from their sixth studio album, “Songlines” released in 2006. Starts kind of spacey but settles in some beautiful harmonies and woven woodwind and guitar. Sweet!
• Jefferson Starship – Miracles – From their Red Octopus album. My friend Steve W from Norfolk turned me on to this album and song when I was passing thru Norfolk on yet another doomed attempt to “go back home” after being in the Navy.
• Dan Fogelberg — Souvenirs — Just one of the prettiest poems and songs, I have ever enjoy. It’s just an intimate view that only Dan could give us. We lost Dan in 2007 to prostate cancer. The world is a little sadder place for his passing. This is the title song from his 1974 release.
That’s it… Do the best you can; Laugh every chance you get; And always remember … The best is yet to come!
As always, thank you for being my friend!