May 10th, 2018 – New Vocabulary Words
The key is at the bottom of the page… but don’t cheat
A. a careless or indifferent person
B. made entirely of wood
C. a proposed explanation intended to address a complex problem by trying to account for all possible contingencies but typically proving to be too broadly conceived and therefore oversimplified to be of any practical use.
D. having eye like spots or markings
E. a love of life and the living world; the affinity of human beings for other life forms.
F. the small, fleshy, conical body projecting downward from the middle of the soft palate
G. sandy or gritty.
H. minor dispute or contest
I. the ability of an organism to move about freely and migrate
J. any of the plants in the rose family (5 petals) in genus Potentilla
- G (i.e. He awoke with a terrible sabulous sensation in his mouth. )
- D (i,e. It was a beautiful fish with a very colorful ocellated body. )
- J (i.e. Her garden was a tribute in cinquefoil. )
- A (i.e. He was well known as a pococurante. )
- I (i.e. It was the microbe’s vagility that was so impressive to the researcher. )
- B (i.e. The full scale model was even more impressive when you considered it was treen. )
- H (i.e. It seemed like every encounter became a velitation. )
- E (i.e. Her transfer to the front end team deracinated her completely.)
- C (i,e. Together, we could spend hours developing panchrestons without relief.)
- F (i.e His uvula was crooked and distracted me whenever I saw it. )