November 23, 2017 – New Vocabulary Words
Match the word to its definition and note the number and letter for each of your selections. When you have matched all 10 words to the correct definition letters, compare your selections to the key at the bottom of the page.
The key is at the bottom of the page but don’t look till you finish!
The Definition Choices:
A. characterized by a ready and continuous flow of words; fluent; glib; talkative:
B. full of, expressing, or causing pain or sorrow; grievous; mournful
C. underground; subterranean
D. a small leather or canvas bag with a shoulder strap;
E. small and elegant; jewel or trinket.
F. free from limitations of time
G. the aggregate of qualities, as valor and virtue, making up good character
H. the investment of emotional significance in an activity, object, or idea
I. something silvery or white;
J. having a pleasing taste or flavor; of agreeably distinctive character
- G (i.e. His arete was of a noble stewart overseeing the ancient family legacy. )
- D (i,e. It was our ancient kobold that was scaring off our potential buyers.)
- J (i.e. His eyes closed and you could tell he found the stew sipid, like a fine wine. )
- A (i.e. She was known as a blowhard politician with great capacity for volube .)
- I (i.e. There was an argent sheen to the water as the sun was rising in the East.)
- B (i.e. The dolorous continence of the space was oppressive and took my breath away.)
- H (i.e. They were joined in cathexis of their cause. )
- E (i.e. The cigarette and coffee kiosks had been replaced by bijou yuppie restaurants .)
- C (i,e. He has spent the better part of his life in hypogeal spaces, bright light bothered him.)
- F (i.e The stranger’s hand was an atemporal blur before my jaw snapped up and back.)