Angel Hair Pasta with Mushrooms and Capers
This one is all my fault. That is to say, I usually start with someone else’s recipe and tweak my way to bliss but this time I didn’t. You see, I had another old guy moment and forgotten that I already had mushrooms and bought some more. There are worse things than having too many nice sliced mushrooms to deal with. I came up with this thing, kind of on the fly, but it was tasty.
1 lbs Angel Hair pasta
16 oz sliced mushrooms
1 Tbs olive oil
6 Tbs of butter
1 Tbs minced garlic
1/2 cup white wine
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Capers
2 tbs caper liquid brine
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 tsp sweet basil
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat add oil and melt butter till foamy, add garlic basil and mushrooms and sauté ~4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add capers, liquid white wine and stir occasionally for another 2-3 minutes before adding heavy cream and half the Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined and heated ~1-2 minutes. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper as neededl
- Drain pasta and place in large bowl.
- Pour contents of skillet over pasta and mix well. Add pasta water to obtain the sauce consistency desired.
Serve with good bread, wine and top with grated Parmesan.