Bad Boy Breakfast Sliders
This one was inspired by a FB post that I adjusted significantly. I am a big fan of breakfast anytime.
1 12 pack Haiwian rolls
6 rashers of good bacon, cooked crispy
1 cup each grated cheddar and pepper jack
1/2 cup tamed Jalapeño, roughly chopped
1 tsp Everything but the bagel spice
6 soft scrambled eggs
1 small onion, sliced thin
1 poblano pepper sliced thin
4 Tsp Maple Syrup divided (one tsp for brushing and the rest for dipping
2 Tbs I Can’t Believe it is Butter
Salt (substitute) and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut the loaf of rolls in half and place on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Separate 2 non-dairy buns from the rest.
- Sprinkle all the bottoms with 1/2 the cheese combination. Check to be sure no cheese got on the reserved buns.
- In a large frying pan or griddle, fry bacon strips crispy and set aside to drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tsp of bacon grease for cooking onions and peppers.
- Sauté onions and peppers in the bacon fat until limp.
- Add onion and peppers to all buns
- Add soft scrambled eggs to all buns and cover with Tamed Jalapeños
- Add bacon across all buns
- Cover all except the reserved buns with the rest of the cheese mix. Check to make sure no cheese got on to those buns.
- Melt butter substitute and warm 1 tsp of maple syrup.,
- Replace bum tops. Brush all bun tops with maple syrup mixture and sprinkle with Everything but the Bagel spice. Place toothpicks to mark non-dairy buns.
- Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove buns and divide into individual sliders
Serve sliders with maple syrup on the side for dipping. Yum!