Beer Braised Pork Butt
I was just sitting there thinking, I need to do something different with this butt. Now you know, want sick stuff will cross my mind cooking dinner.
2.5-5 lbs Pork Butt
2 Tbs Kosher Salt
1 Tbs coarse ground pepper
2 Tbs chili powder
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground mustard
2 Tbs brown sugar
4 cloves garlic
12oz of good dark beer or ale
1/2 cup catsup
2 Tbs grainy Dijon Mustard
3 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
- Combine spices in a bowl, eliminating any clumps.
- Rub all over the pork butt and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or at least 1 hour before cooking
- After rub seasoning period, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pork butt in dutch oven. Cook at 450 for ~45 minutes. Roast should be browned and maybe blackened in spots.
- Removed from oven, and reduce oven temp to 325 degrees.
- Pour beer over roast and sprinkle minced garlic on top and around roast. Cover roast loosely with lid or foil. Cook for 1.5-2.5 hours depending on size of roast. Start taking the roast’s temperature after about an hour or so. Cook until tender I(easily separates internal temp ~ 145 degrees).
- Remove from oven, cover and allow to rest for 20min. Pour pan juices into a sauce pan.
- Add sauce ingredients and whisk until thickened,
- Service sliced pork butt with sauce on the side.