Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This started out as a FB discovery but I have wopperjawed it so much I doubt the original creators would recognize it. Comfort Food in a flavorful cheesy way.!
2 10 oz cans of Red Enchilada Sauce
3-4 cups shredded chicken (or one rotisserie chicken)
2-3 cups Pepper Jack/Cheddar (depending on how cheesy you like it)
2-3 burrito-sized tortillas
~1/2 cup Tamed Jalapeños (enough for a nice layer)
1 12 oz package of frozen corn, thawed
1 can of No Salt Added Original Rotel, drained
1 cup each pepper jack and sharp cheddar cheese, mixed
2-3 scallions, sliced thin for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a casserole dish, dd and mix the chicken with the enchilada sauce so all is covered
- Layer the jalapeños evenly over the chicken mix
- Layer half of the cheese over the jalapeños
- Add a layer of tortillas cut or sliced into smaller pieces
- Distribute corn and Rotel evenly over the tortilla layer
- Cover casserole with remaining cheese
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese on top is a bit crispy.
- Serve hot, garnishing with scallions.