Comfort Breakfast Burritos
I saw a video clip of this dish on Facebook and thought I would try it. This is not a “good for you dish” in the physical sense. It is a totally unashamed comfort food for those who enjoy breakfast for dinner from time to time. I tweaked it some.
8 eggs, soft scrambled
1 lbs Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Sausage, browned and drained
1/2 onion, sliced thin and sautéed
1/4 cup Tamed Jalapeños
12 8-inch flour tortillas
8 oz sharp cheddar, shredded
8 oz pepper jack, shredded
1 pkg. Pioneer Country Gravy, prepared as directed
1 tsp Tajin spice
1 tsp Garlic powder
Salt Substitute and coarse ground pepper
Toppings – Pico de gallo, Avocado slices, Sour cream
- Prep all ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the baking dish with canola oil.
- Mix cooked eggs, onions, and sausage with the jalapeños and half the cheese in a large mixing bowl. Microwave tortillas for 20 seconds
- Assemble Burritos by putting 3 Tbs of mix in the middle tucking in ends and rolling tight. Place them inside the baking dish until full.
- Add Tajin spice to the gravy and taste, adjust salt substitute and pepper as needed.
- Smother burritos with gravy and sprinkle remain cheese on top
- Place the middle rack of the oven and bake for -20 minutes
- Top with a spoonful of pico de gallo avocado slices and sour cream.
- Serve hot with your favorite salsa and hot sauce.