Creamy Chicken Fajita Sloppy Joes
Another crockpot thing. This one is a variation of a recipe that I first saw on Facebook. Theres was more of a creaming Ranch thing. I went a little sideways with all that an added some cool stuff to it. Frankly, I think the whole chicken ranch flavor combo has been done to death, even with bacon!
6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz cream cheese
2 Fajita Seasoning Packet ( or your homemade equivalent)
1 Tbs olive oil
3 cloves, garlic minced
1 Pablano pepper, sliced thin
1/2 Large Yellow Onion, sliced thin
8 slices of crispy bacon, chopped
1 cup Pepper Jack
1 cup Sharp Cheddar
2 tsp Trader Jose Chili Lime spice
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Layer chicken breasts in crockpot. Add cream cheese and sprinkle the Fajita seasoning packet over all the chicken breasts. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- In a small sauce pan, add olive oil, garlic, the other Fajita packet, pablano and onion. Cook until softened.
- Shred chicken in crock pot (by hand with a couple of forks works or you can use hand mixer right in the crockpot.
- Gently mix bacon, pablano onion mix, pepper jack and cheddar cheese into the shredded chicken and turn crock pot to high for 15 minutes to melt cheeses.
- Serve on hamburger buns, with toppings of your choice.