Greek Roasted Lemon Potatoes
My best friend growing up was Greek. Greeks are wonderful people and growing up where and when we did, it was natural that they adopt the long skinny blond kid into their extended family. I would often eat Dino’s mom’s (Her name was Poppy) wonderful food. I remember her chicken lamb dishes and her wonderful potatoes.
I don’t know if this is the same way she made them or not. I was a pretty self absorbed teenager when I enjoyed her cooking. But if this reciepe is half as good as her potatoes, we are all in for a treat!
P.S. A little cheat you can do if time is critical. Buy two bags of the Nukem New Potatoes, Microwave for 5 minutes and start the directions at Step 4. I won’t tell
2.5 lbs. golden potatoes or small red bliss potatoes washed and halved or quartered if large
1/4-1/2 cup of Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp of fresh oregano, chopped
3 Tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
3 cloves Garlic minced
1/4 cup of good olive oil
coarse ground pepper
Smoked Paprika to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot with 2 inches of salted cold water covering.
- Bring to a boil over high heat
- Boil until slightly softened (~5 minutes)
- Place in large bowl and toss with Lemon juice
- Cover with wrap and let potatoes sit in lemon juice for 15 minutes
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees
- Add oregano, parsley, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper to potatoes and toss
- Transfer coated potatoes to baking sheet
- Roast for about 35 minutes stirring every 10 minutes until potatoes are golden brown
- Sprinkle Potatoes with Paprika and serve.