Grilled Sweet Potatoes
All the women in our family love sweet potatoes. Jess came up with a tasty casserole last Christmas. Sweet potatoes cooked right are hard not to like.
1 medium sweet potato for each guest, washed throughly under cold water
½ cup olive oil, divided
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt substitute
1l2 Tajin spice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into wedges (4-8). Place wedges in a bowl and toss with half of the oil.
- Combine remaining olive oil, paprika, salt substitute, Tajin, garlic powder, cinnamon, and cayenne in a separate small bowl.
- Place wedges on the grill perpendicular to the grates and reduce heat to low. Grill over low heat, turning occasionally, until potatoes are softened and marked, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Brush wedges with oil mixture on both sides, and finish under the broiler, then transfer to a plate.