I stumbled across the interesting if timid recipes on Facebook but the idea intrigued me. As usual, I was incapable of following the recipe exactly and I still think it needs more twerking but it is an intriguing dish so thought I would capture what i have so for and update it. This version makes 24 cheesy good sliders.
3 lbs beef chuck roast
4 cloves of Garlic or (2 Tbs garlic minced)
2 Bay leaves
1 Red Onion sliced thin
1 cup Caesars Dressing (store bought or cream Italian)
1 cup of your favorite beer
2 Tbs of Sherry or Apple Cider vinegar
1 tsp of Tajim Classico Seasoning
2 Tbs of Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbs of Cholla Hot Sauce (more if you like it spicier)
Hawaiian Slider buns (2 packs)
Sharp Cheddar Cheese (grated or sliced)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place roast in a 6qt crockpot and add everything except the buns and cheese
2. Put Crockpot on high for 6 hours or low for 8
3. Cut buns in half with a good bread knife, place bottom on cookie sheet, set tops aside
4. Remove beef from crockpot and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Remove Bay leaves and fat; smash garlic gloves, and shred beef and onion mixture.
5. Add remaining seasoning and sauces and mix thoroughly.
6. Place a layer of grated cheddar cheese on bun bottom, add beef, add more cheddar on top
7. Put tops on sliders and place cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
8. Serve to hungry football watchers or other non-lactose intolerant carnivores.