Japanese Golden Seafood Curry
I have made Indian and Thai curries over the years but I have never made a Japanese curry. So I thought I would give it a try. I did my tweaking. In my first attempt, I tried to use a frozen seafood mix which unfortunately included imitation crab – not good, Switched to fresh seafood and fixed the recipe.
8 oz each, fresh raw shrimp, mussels or small clams, bite sized chunks of white fish, cleaned calamari or octopus and scollops
2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1 Tbs oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion chopped
1 potato, chopped bite sized
1 Green Pepper (red yellow or green)
3 cups of water
1 package S&B Golden Curry (3.2oz)
1 14oz can of roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- In a large skillet, or wok, gently stir-fry white fish, calamari/octopus, shrimp and scollops in oil and garlic.set aside.
- Stir fry fresh vegetables s until soft (~5min)
- Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Gently mix in seafood, golden curry (broken up into pieces), turmeric, garam masala, and tomato.
- Gently stir until the curry is completely dissolved into the sauce, clams/mussels are open and covers the seafood and vegetables.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes
Serve over rice or noodles.