Lobster and Shrimp Scampi
I have always loved this dish but never made it at home until now. I wanted to make it my own so i did some tweaking.
1 lbs. linguine
4 Tbs unsalted butter
2 lbs. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Lobster tails
8 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
~ 1/4 cup white wine*
1/4 cup key lime juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley leaves + some for garnish
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan + some for garnish
- Cut tails down the middle of the back, pull meat out and rinse with water.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, drop lobster in and cook for 3 minutes. Remove lobster from water and allow to cool. Remove meat from shells and chop lobster into bite sized pieces.
- Using the lobster water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. Reserve a 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. add mushrooms, Add lobster, shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine and key lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in pasta, lemon zest and parsley.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan and more parsley, if desired