Lobster Mac ‘n Cheese
My grandson BJ fell in love with this dish when he was just a little guy. He stands about 6’4 now and still gets excited like a little guy when ever I am cooking this. Lobster in not free so we do not have it all that often but always for his special birthday dinner.
3 – 6 to 7 oz lobster tails thawed or fresh (nothing bad will happen if you add another 1 or 2 tails, especially if they are small)
1-2 lbs noodles of your choice, macaroni or fancy.
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded gruyere cheese
1 1/4 cups shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese
2 cups heavy cream
4-5 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup white wine
1 chopped shallot
3 minced garlic cloves
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp Tajin spice
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Shell, clean, and coarsely chop lobster meat. Set aside.
- Grate all 3 cheeses. Add 2 cups of heavy cream to a double boiler, followed by cream cheese. Add small amount of the shredded cheese to the double boiler, mixing with a whisk. Repeat until the cheese is gone.
- Boil water and cook your pasta. Set aside.
- Put a large skillet on med-high. Add olive oil, butter chopped shallot and minced garlic. stir together for a minute. Add lobster meat and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until meat becomes opaque. Add 1/4 cup white wine.
- Sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Stir in Tajin, then set aside off heat.
- If cheese mixture needs thinned out, add white wine in 1/4 cup increments, whisking it in until fully incorporated.
- In a baking dish, layer pasta, lobster mix and cheese mixture. Cover with Panko. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.