Oven Fried Chicken
This one here helps scratch your souther fried chicken itch without pissing off your doctor cause it ‘taint fried a‘tall !
1 fryin chicken. cut up
3 cups buttermilk (use reconstituted buttermilk powder with 1/2 of the water called for)
2 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon Tajin spice
2 teaspoon salt substitute
1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
1/2 stick butter melted
1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- Wash, dry with paper towels and cut up chicken
- Mix up the buttermilk marinade and submerge chicken using a large bowl or ziplock back or two for 20-25 minutes (if you marinade longer place in refrigerator).
- Mix flour, paprika, Tajin spice, salt substitute, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Pour melted butter onto the parchment to coat the bottom of the pan/parchment completely.
- Lightly pat each chicken breast with a paper towel to remove excess milk before dipping. DIP each piece of chicken, one at a time, in the flour mixture. Coat all sides liberally. Arranging the pieces ensuring a small amount of room between each in the pan. This will allow them to crisp while baking. Over crowded chicken will not be as crispy.
- Place on a center rack in the preheated oven for 25 minutes (or until the breading is golden brown and the juices run clear), flipping each breast after 25 minutes. Check internal temperature to make sure it is at 165 degrees at the thickest part of the breasts.
- Remove from oven and transfer chicken to a serving dish. Garnish with parsley if desired.