Oven Roasted Vegetables
My daughter loves fresh roasted or grilled vegetables so I try to have them pretty often. Over the years, i have continually tweaked the ingredients and the method so that this dish has become a reliable delight on the side of any meal. The mix of vegetables is up to you, We almost always use the ones included in the recipe below but also broccoli, potatoes, whole mushrooms, zucchini, etc.. The key is making them all about the same size so they cook through at about the same time.
2 green peppers of any color, chopped rough
I cauliflower, cut up into large bite sized pieces
3 Tbs olive oil
3 cloves, garlic minced or sliced thin
1 Yellow onion, chunked
~ 1 lbs of Brussel sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
1 cup of baby carrots
1 cup of cherry, grape or roma tomatoes, halved or chunked
1 Tbs Tanjin spice
Salt and Pepper to taste
~ 1/2- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash and cut all of the vegetables into large bite size pieces and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add 1 clove of garlic, 1/3 the tajin, 1/3 the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and sprinkle liberally with olive oil and mix throughly. Repeat this process 2 more times.
- Spread coated vegetable on a large rimmed cookie sheet and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes, shut off oven and turn vegetables. Place the sheet back in the cooling oven for 10 minutes more before serving.