Quick and Dirty Hawaiian Sliders
We just had too many things going and too many balls in the air to do the whole crockpot, shred, assemble and serve process that produces the wonderful Hawaiian Beef and Cheese Sliders. So this time I skipped right to the assemble and serve part sort of. This recipe will make you smile.
You can feed 8 people in about 25 minutes from start to finish.
2 containers of Jack Daniels Pulled Pork
2 cloves of garlic or (1 Tbs) minced
1 Red Onion sliced thin
1 Tbs oil
Hawaiian Slider buns (2 packs)
Sharp Cheddar Cheese (grated)
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium to large skillet or frying pan on medium heat, add oil and onion. Cook until onion is soft and add garlic.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add both packages of Jack Daniels Pulled Pork to the skillet and stir for 15 minutes until very warm throughout.
- Cut each pack of buns in half (as a unit not one at a time)with a good bread knife, place
- Place a layer of the Jack Daniels pulled pork mixture on bun bottoms, add add cheddar on top.
- Put tops layer on sliders and place cookie sheet in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and the tops feel toasty.
- Remove from oven, divide into individual sliders and place on a platter next to some cole slaw and stand back.