Roasted Broccoli and Sausage
Usually, I will stumble across recipes while looking for something else on line. Then I adjust them to suit my palate. But this one just kind of came to me based on what I i had in the fridge one day after I forgot to defrost something for dinner. Everyone seemed to like this simple dish and the easy clean up. I didn’t take a picture of the dish this first time.
I medium head of cabbage, chunked and separated
2-3 broccoli crowns and stems, chunked
3 Tbs good olive oil, divided
4 cloves garlic, minced\
2 13.5 oz packages of andouille sausages, sliced diagonally 3/8-1/2 in thick
3/4 of water
½ tsp red-pepper flakes (optional)
Salt and Pepper
- Prep all ingredients and pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray or spread olive oil or canola oil on the foil.
- Cover foil with chopped cabbage leaves.
- Distribute broccoli evenly over the cabbage
- Mix remaining olive oil and garlic and then drizzle the mixture over the vegetables on the baking sheet.
- Distribute the sausage slices over the backing sheet
- Add water to the bottom of the sheet and place sheet in center of the preheated over. Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The sausage and veggies should be getting crisp at the edges.
Sprinkle with red pepper flakes just before serving if desired.