Roasted Cauliflower with Hummus
My son has a great thing going on at his house. Everyone cooks at least 1 dinner/week for the family. They all have to plan the meal, add ingredients to the shopping list and prepare the meal. This recipe is one that Sean found for his night. It sounded good and had a lot of bolt-on features for me. The timing on this dish will kill you. YUM!
2 heads Cauliflower
2 Tbs olive oil
2 tsp each – smoked paprika, cumin, and oregano
1 tsp each – Trader Joe’s Chili Lime spice and Everything but the Bagel spice
5 “scoops” of homemade warm hummus
5 warmed pita loaf. quartered
5 soft-boiled eggs, peeled
Salt Substitute and coarsely ground pepper to taste
1 tomato roughly diced
1 Mini cucumber, diced
1 small onion, diced rough
Harissa sauce and fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put a medium pot of water on high medium, and bring to a soft rolling boil.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and toss oil, then add the spices and gently toss again trying to coat each floret.
- Spread seasoned cauliflower on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before pulling the cauliflower out, soft boil your eggs for 6,5 minutes then put an ice bath and peel gently still hot..
- 5 minutes before you pull the Cauliflower from the oven, put the Pita loaves on the top rack of the oven. After 2 minutes remove and cut into quarters.
- Place a thick scoop of hummus in the center of the plate. Add Pita above and to the sides of the hummus. Sprinkle the cauliflower over the warm hummus. Add chopped tomatoes, cucumber, and onions. Place your soft-boiled egg, right in the middle of earlier arrivals so the creamy yoke will embrace each bite. Finish with a drizzle of Harissa sauce over the dish and serve.