Roasted Coriander Chicken
Another cool idea from Milk Street. It sounded so good, that I didn’t mess with it much .. yet. I haven’t used much Coriander in the past but now… I am a devoted fan!
4 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken parts
3 Tsp ground Coriander
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp white sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice and 1Tbs lemon zest (2 lemons)
2 Tbs Olive Oil
10 medium cloves of garlic
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped.
- Wash, trim and pat dry cut up chicken parts and place on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree, rack at the middle.
in a small bowl, combine coriander, ginger, sugar with one tsp salt and two tsp coarse ground pepper.
- Season chicken parts on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Arrange garlic cloves in a single layer in the middle of the baking sheet with chicken parts arranged skin up around the cloves.
- Roast chicken until breast meet reads 160 degrees and dark meet reads 175 degrees ~ 40-50 minutes
- Place chicken on the patter. Leave garlic on sheet
- Mash the cloves with a fork into a paste. Pour 1/4 cup water to rimmed sheet and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits on the sheet.
- Pour garlic and drippings mixture into a small bowl.
- Whisk in lemon zest, juice, oil and cilantro. Taste and season your sauce with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve chicken with sauce.