Yeah I know Kale .eeewwww! Well you know its good for you and it doesn’t have to taste like manatee food. Anyway that is the plan.
3 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
1/4 – 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
1-2 large bunches of kale, washed, stemmed and coarsely chopped
½ cup chicken stock, white wine or water or mix
1 tsp Toasted Sesame Seed Oil
Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and red-pepper flakes to taste
2 tablespoons Mirin (or you can use White Wine or Sherry vinegar)
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and cook until soft. ~1 minute
- Add kale to the pan, turn the heat to high and add the stock or wine or combination if you like.
- Use a spoon to toss the greens in the liquid, then cover and cook for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, until kale is soft and wilted, but still quite green.
- Remove cover, add Sesame Seed Oil and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has evaporated, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and peppers, add mirin and toss to combine.
- Serve hot