Chicken Skillet Fajitas
I found this one on the net and kind of liked it and decided to give it a shot.. Before this I used the Fajita spice packages and the results were tasty but I liked this on from scratch. Of course, I added and changed some stuff ..but it turned out to be pretty good served with black beans and rice.
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp Trader Joe’s Chili Lime spice
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. canola oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 small onion, sliced
1 c. sliced mushrooms
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tbsp. chopped chipotles in adobo
1 1/2 tbsp. key lime juice
1/3 c Orange Juice
8 warm flour tortillas
Grated Cheddar cheese, for serving
Cilantro, for serving
Lime wedges, for serving
- Season chicken with cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove to a plate; reserve skillet.
- Deglaze the skillet using orange juice
- Add pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet and cook stirring occasionally, until soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in chipotles, lime juice, and chicken. Cook stirring until warm. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken and vegetables on tortillas with toppings. (your favorite salsa, sour cream, Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese)