Super Green Spaghetti
This one is a variation of one Jamie Oliver’s 5 ingredient dishes. I am not constrained to the 5 ingredients and it shows. I LOVE his shows but converting all the metic values and then scaling the amounts to work for 4-5 people is a bit of work for me but this tastes good, looks pretty and pretty good for you as well.
1 16 oz package of dried spaghetti (whole wheat if you dare)
4 cloves of garlic
2 bunches(1-3 cups of chopped) cavolo nero,, or kale or even swiss chard (not as green though)
1/2 to 1 cup of good Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup Ricotta Cheese
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, peel the garlic. Tear the stems out of the cavolo and discard, adding the leaves and the garlic to the pasta pan for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1½ tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a blender, then finely grate in the Parmesan.
- Use tongs to carefully transfer the cavolo leaves and garlic straight into the blender and blitz for a few minutes until super-smooth. Taste and season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a mugful of cooking water.
- Return it to the pan and toss with the vibrant green sauce, loosening with a splash of reserved cooking water, if needed, then divide between your plates.
- Dot over the ricotta, drizzle with a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil, and tuck right in.