Turkey Stuffing (Tacos, Burritos and Pablanos)
Our family has been moving away from red meat for a while now and in doing so has found that some of our favorites are just as tasty as their beef based counterparts.This stuffing can be used for tacos, burritos and stuff pabablan peppers, Its all food!
2 tbs olive oil
1 ½ Tbs chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 lbs ground turkey
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can of Fire Roasted Rotel tomatoes and chili, drained
1/3 cup of tamed jalapeño, chopped
½ cup chicken broth or water
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- Combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil deep skillet over medium heat, When oil is shimmering, add onion and cook until the onion is clear (~3 mintutes, Add ground turkey stiffing to break up any clumps. Cook until no longer pink in color (~5 minutes). Add garlic, spice mix, Rotel, jalapeño and chicken broth.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been absorbed (~10 minutes). Sprinkle with apple cider vinegar and mix.
- Stuff your favorite taco or burrito tortillas or better yet some nice pablano peppers.
- Serve with added cheese and other toppings (Sour Cream, salsa, guacamole, limes,etc)