Turkey Sloppy Joes
My grand daughter has been hankerin’ for some genuine Turkey Sloppy Joes! I was very impressed with the results. I hope you will be too.
2 lbs ground 85% lean Turkey
2 cups tomato sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp salt substitute
1 tsp coarse ground pepper
1 tsp Tajin spice
1 tsp onion powder
1 Tbs minced garlic
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1/2 medium pablano pepper diced
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs olive oil
Optional cheddar cheese (slices or grated)
Buns of your choice
- Prep ingredients.
- Place a large skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil. When the oil shimmers, add the ground turkey and break up as much as possible.
- Once turkey is broken up and cooking, add garlic, onion and peppers. Mix well with turkey and continue to cook,
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, ground pepper, salt substitute, Tajin, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. When thoroughly mixed pour over meet and veggies in the pan and mix well.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook sloppy joe mix for 10 minutes or until it reaches the right consistency of “SloppyJoeness”. (You will know it when you see it!)
- Put the bottom of the bun on the plate and heap a lavish amount of Sloppy Joe mix on it, add optional cheese and the top of the bun.
Serve with some great homemade coleslaw, or other salad and your favorite fries.