April 4th, 2019
“Dila Mshvidobisa” “Good Morning !!!” to you all in Georgian, a South Caucasian language spoken mainly in Georgia.
I am transitioning from a 8 hour eating window to a 4 hour window. The idea from my doctor makes complete sense and can be boiled down to the following earth shaking concept – “Only take on calories when you are burning them”. So I would just drink coffee or water outside the hours of 11am to 7pm everyday. And it was working! I thought I had lost a lot of weight only to find that my scale just got scared and wouldn’t tell me the truth! I was really depressed about this when I saw the doc. He suggested we go to the 4 hour window which he thinks will kick up my weight loss another notch. So now, I am burning calories 20 hours per day and taking them on board for only 4 hours. Logically, this should make a big difference if I don’t spend the entire 4 hours at the Cold Stone. This step took some getting used to and for me the key is just keeping busy till 2.
This week I learned some stuff:
• Today, April 4th is National Vitamin C Day!!! Feel beautiful and vibrant when you recognize National Vitamin C Day!While Vitamin C is widely recognized for warding off colds, the vitamin is also clinically proven to be a powerhouse in other areas of health, too.
• Vocabulary Quiz!!
• A new UJT Music Trivia Quiz Yeeaahhhh!!! Well, it will be next week anyway. 🙂
• I worked up a tasty side dish for you all – Creamy Cheesy Garlic Mushrooms. I also did another interesting dish this week. I think I first saw this made on one cooking show about a year ago and thought it would be good to do .. but forgot all about it until I saw it on a totally different cooking show. This time I “gotter” done. It’s easy, quick and tasty. You should try it this Eastern Carolina Fish Stew your own self !
Writing, Ceramics and Painting Update:
• Back to class and i did work on some paintings that I had started but my heart wasn’t really into it this week. Chris Spain took some more great nature shots so I have some new subjects.
• Grandpa Stories is still not re-published.
• I simply do not understand why Secretary DeVoss would consider cutting Special Olympics funding. I mean she surely would have benefited from Special Olympics. If she had ever volunteered to be a finish line hugger, there is no way her head would be that far up her butt. It is just not possible, if you have experienced the joy those kids find in Special Olympic events.
There is something funky going on with my website management tool since I installed the last update. It seem my ability to play one song after the other has gone away. I am still looking into it.
Go to this week’s UJT Radio program.
• Bambi Molesters — Point Break — This is a great surfboard from northern Europe somewhere .. haven’t played them in awhile. I just like their name alot 🙂
• Joe Cocker — Just Like a Woman — From his “With a Little Help rrom My Friends” album released 1969.
• Steely Dan — Barrytown — From the Vinyl !!!! This one comes to us from “Pretzel Logic released in 1974. The band I mixed sound for in my youth, covered this song so well. It makes me smile every time I hear it.
• Toto — Africa — From the Vinyl !!!! A truly beautiful piece. This one is a deep cut from their TotoIV released in 1982.
• Stephen Stills — So Begins the Task — One of my favorite SS songs. This one is from his “Just Roll Tape – April 26, 1968” release of early demos and such.
• Don Henley and Bruce Hornsby – End of Innocence – Just an amazing collaborating on probably one of the best Don Henley song. This this title cut from 1989.
• Tears for Fears — Head Over Heels — This is a great tune from their “Songs from the Big Chair” released in 1985. I always thought these guys were the real deal – great voices and musicianship. And as far as I know, this is the only rock and roll song to feature, “ my minds eye” in the lyrics.
That’s it… Do the best you can; Laugh every chance you get; And always remember … The best is yet to come!
As always, thank you for being my friend!