May 16th, 2019
“Chubo dele” “Good Morning !!!” to you all in Dzongkha (རྫོང་ཁ), a South Tibetic language spoken in Bhutan.
After getting my trusty iMac back, I managed to get out the last UJT Update and fiddle fart around till I missed the early morning deadline that I set for myself so long ago, I cannot remember. Unlike last week this time it was completely my marginal performance that delayed distribution. I will put myself on a Marginal Performance Plan and monitor my progress to reliable and reasonable performance.
This week I learned some stuff:
• WeeHaa! We got another “two-fer” this week. Today is National Bar-B-Q week and Do Something Good for Your Neighbor Day, as well. So you can celebrate by Bar-B-Qing your neighbor but you must cook him good! Or just have one and invite the neighbor but do something to celebrate good grilled food with the people you share a fence with.
• Last week for the new Vocabulary Quiz Again!!!
• Last week for the UJT Music Trivia Quiz!
• I did some pretty cool cooking this week. I made Media Noche Sandwiches at home and they turned out great! This recipe also includes a recipe for cooking the pork uses on the sandwiches. All good. Since I found myself in a interesting sandwich mood, I found a recipe for Greek Gyro’s Sandwiches made with Pork – Very Tasty, especially if you whip up some of Grandpa’s Tzatziki Sauce. Yum. Lastly, I discovered a new (to me at least) and improved way to cook cabbage! Life is good!
Writing, Ceramics and Painting Update:
• I started another two attempts at capturing Chris Spain’s wonderful photographs as watercolor paintings. I think they came out pretty good so far… not sure if they are done yet. I also completed the silly little pot and flamingo ceramic projects that I told you about. I will attempt to assemble the Flamingo this weekend. If it works I may post the image on UJT.
• Grandpa Stories is still not re-published.
• Research online indicates that at some point Morning Glories will take over the world. Just sayin..
I hope you all enjoy this week’s musical selections.
Go to this week’s UJT Radio program.
• Eric Clapton — I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine — This comes to us from this last album, “I Still Do” released in 2016. Kind of a cajun vibe working here…I like it!
• Mat Kearny — Here We Go — My daughter got me started with Mat Kearny and I have been grateful ever since. This one comes to us from his Black & White album released in 2009.
• Jude Cole — This Time Is Us — Another great cut from Jude’s 1998 album, “A View from 3rd Street”.
• Cat Stevens — Sad Lisa — From the Vinyl!!! Pretty song from a long time ago. This is one of bravest people in the music business. He gave all up at the top of his game for his religion. I am not a religious person at all but I admire character in people of any religion. Frankly, today, we seem to see less and less of that kind of character in most religious contexts. Lots of pomposity, judgement, pronouncements, etc. but damn few walk the talk they espouse in their own lives. It’s a sweet song from his “Tea for the Tillerman”, album released in 1970.
• Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band — Shakedown — This is from the sound track for Beverly Hills Cop II. The music, not the movie was nominated for an academy and golden globe award in 1988.
• John Denver — Goodbye Again — John had one of the most beautiful voices in my generations music. This one comes from his Rocky Mountain High released in 1972. John toured more that most of his peers of the time. Eventually, his way of life cost him his marriage to Annie, his wife.
• Taylor Swift – Begin Again – A smart song sung by a very smart and talented young woman. This comes to us from her “Red” album, released in 2012.
That’s it… Do the best you can; Laugh every chance you get; And always remember … The best is yet to come!
As always, thank you for being my friend!