June 20th, 2019
“সুপ্ৰভাত (xuprôbhat)!” “Good Morning !!!” to you all in Assamese, an eastern Indo-Aryan language spoken in the Indian states of Assam, Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh, and also in Bangladesh and Bhutan.
I hope all you daddies, papas and fathers out there had a wonderful Father’s Day. Growing up the way I did, we just never did Father’s Day until I was like 19 or so and in the Navy. But for me, what my Dad and I lacked in time together we made up for in the quality of the time we did have with each other. I miss him a lot. I like to watch Perry Mason each night to see Paul Drake who looked a lot my dad when they were both alive and younger! I now have not one but two Star Wars Storm Trooper Helmet coffee cups(one white and the other silver)! Life is Good!
This week I learned some stuff:
• The third Thursday in June is WORLD TAPAS DAY!!! Traditionally, tapas are small servings of Spanish dishes served with a drink. I have loved those all those small plates of flavorful delights since 1970 when I found out that Spain was different than Cuba. The small amounts, tasty flavors and variety make Tapas a wonderfully sociable way to consume food!
• Week two for our New Vocabulary Quiz!!!!
• Last week for our UJT Music Trivia Quiz.
• I made an new flavorful chicken dish this week – Piri Piri Chicken. I have some other new ones I am looking forward to making later this week.
Writing, Ceramics and Painting Update:
• I finished two more paintings this week and started another. I also painted a nice belated birthday card for an old friend. I brought my newest Flamingo planter project home from ceramics class and to sand down the rough spots before glazing when class starts up in July but in the process I managed to break a few toes and the stand platform. I thought it was a lost cause then I remember that in this case, I could epoxy the parts back and paint it with acrylics. So I did and he turned out pretty cool given his crappy design and craftsmanship.
• Grandpa Stories is still not re-published.
I thought I had re-learned my digital turntable and associate software! Weehaa!! But alas, it kicked my ass again! I will get it by next week’s episode of UJT Radio. I have created a very nice selection of deep cut songs from a variety of genres that, I think, celebrate life in a grand way!
Go to this week’s UJT Radio program.
• The Moody Blues — The Other Side of Life — From their most recent live album, “Lovey to See You (Live)” released in 2005. We got to seen them that year in Escondido.
• Mike Stern — Texas — Beautiful jazzy guitar instrumental from his. “Who Let the Cats Out” album released in 2006
• Mike and the Mechanics — Another Cup of Coffee — This is a remastered version of a deep cut from their “Beggar on the Beach of Gold”, released in 1995.
• Bob Dylan — Oh Sister — This is deep cut from his amazing 1976 release, “Desire”.
• Dishwalla — Today, Tonight — This is a deep cut from their 2002 release, “Opaline”.
• Bruce Springsteen — Lonesome Day — This is another deep cut from “The Rising” released in 2002. Just a wonderful collect of wonderfully written songs!
• Olomana – My Grandfathers Music – From the Vinyl!!!! I discovered these guys when I lived in Hawaii in the mid 1970s. This is from their first album, “Olomana” released in 1976.
That’s it… Do the best you can; Laugh every chance you get; And always remember … The best is yet to come!
As always, thank you for being my friend!