August 12th, 2016
Kumoorn! (A fine Greenlandic “Good Morning” )
My doctor prescribed a sleep apnea test for me this week. It was a very strange deal. I went to the doctors office and picked up this handy dandy little kit thing. They showed me how to use and it went well except for the part about being able to sleep with this batch of wires, strap and tubes around your chest or taped to your face or arm. It was about the most unnatural sleep I ever didn’t enjoy. I am sure that when they download the data they will declare that I died when went to sleep as that is about the only way you could sleep in this contraption!
This week I learned some stuff:
• I attempted to do some painting yesterday. But nothing felt good. Sometimes when I paint, I can get so lost in the process that I can almost forgive myself for the result but this feel it felt forced and unnatural to me. I really cannot explain it but I am not very happy about it.
• Last week for the “New” Vocabulary quiz!
• I added another quote or two to the UJT Kitchen Drawer
Writing and Painting Update:
• I went outside and set up my easel but it felt forced and uninspired. I was feeling I was there because I ought to be. But to be very honest, I don’t feel much like I have the focus to deliver anything close to worthy to the paper. I hope this is just a phase.
• My new editor, maybe, has returned from holiday and is clearing his backlog – still clearing 🙂
• Maybe we should require a citizen’s refresher course of all US citizens every 3-5 years or so. Or perhaps we should just put an addendum on our Driver’s License test with some basic questions about how our form of government works. For example, The Supreme Court can amend the constitution? True or False? False!!! So when The Donald says that electing Hillary will enable the packing of the Supreme court to “abolish the 2nd Amendment”. The court can interpret the constitution and how it is being applied by the lower courts but it cannot abolish any constitutional amendment. I also don’t think that Donald really wishes Hillary to be shot by any gun nuts out there. She is the only reason anyone is still listening to him at all.
Do you want to help eliminate the Zika Virus? Befriend a bat! Bats are our friends. They get a bad rap but they really help us a great deal. Not only do they take out millions of mosquitoes, and other insects harmful to people and crops but they help with pollination and fertilization. I bought a Bat House kit to help our friends the bats (they are mammals too:). Learn more about bats .. it will do you good:) http://www.habitatforbats.org
I heard some interesting music this week. How about you ?
• Natasha Bendingfield – Unwritten — This lady knocked it out of the park commercially with this, her first single which is a title cut for her 2nd album. This song is just so well written and thoughtful. I hope you like it enough to check out some of the other songs by this very interesting woman.
• Funkadelics – Can You Get to That – This is a funky little ditty that I hope makes you smile. For all its looseness, its very tight and high funky. I LOVE the huge baritone voice .. reminds me of some of the old Sly and the Family Stone music that was also making the rounds back in the day.
• Beyonce – Irreplaceable — I am not a huge Beyonce fan. In fact, let me see how many Beyonce songs I have heard that I like?? .. Oh yeah.. its just this one. This one is from the Songs For Japan album.
• Blitzen Trapper – The Tree (feat. Alela Diane) — This is another strange song from another strange band but I like it… I like it a lot and I hope you do too.
• George Benson – This Masquerade — This was a big hit for George . I alway liked its jazzy tightness and sentiment. Big band back up but the magic in the duet between is his voice and guitar is so tight. And oh my, how the piano dances through the melody.. just let it go…
• Lucius – Dusty Trails – My daughter Jessica also turned me on to these folks and I really liked them. Their harmonies and thoughtful lyrics are addicting to me.
• Louisiana’s LeRoux- with Tab Benoit – For What its Worth – Just a Cajun cover of an old Stephen Stills tune but it grows on you unexpectedly. Just like the original, Tabs voice makes the tune.
• Loggins and Messina – Long Tailed Cat — This one is from back when Jimmy Messina and Kenny Loggins were just having fun making us all smile in that crooked spacey way that seemed to infect the world around. Hell, we all could use a Dixie Holiday.
That’s it… Do the best you can; Laugh every chance you get; And always remember … The best is yet to come!
As always, thank you for being my friend!