November 2nd, 2023
“ Dobroho ranku”, or “Good Morning!” in Ukrainian, an Eastern Slavic language spoken mainly in Ukraine. I have decided that the UJT will remain focused on Ukraine until we can all rejoice at the end of hostilities. It has been 609 days since Russia invaded Ukraine.
This week I learned some stuff:
- We got s contractor to come out and get an estimate of the repairs last Friday.
- It’s an adjustment working from 7:30 to 5L30 every day! I don’t know how I got anything done before I retired.
- November 2nd is the 306th day of 2023. Just 53 days till Christmas. Due to my commitment to supporting the voter polls, I do not have the time to capture interesting historical facts, birthdays, and the passing of memorable individuals for you all this week. You can find the rw data here.
This week’s Website Update:
- I am finishing me first week as a 2023 poll worker. It is very slow! The time on my hands has been productive though. I finished the paper edits of GPS!!! When this deal ends I will update the source files, reorganize and republish the book.
- The Home Page quote for this week’s wisdom is from Adam Stanley from his book, “All My Sins Remembered”: “ It is better to have your nose in a book than in someone else’s business.”
Writing, Ceramics, Bonsai Trees, Stained Glass, and Painting Update:
- No classes this week – no paintings or ceramics done.
- Stained glass project design done… again!
- Paper edit finished. Start electronic media update on 11/8/2023.
- It feels almost dishonest. I am getting paid to be in place should a voter decide to cast their vote before election day. So far we have processed 8 in 5 days. Oh well.
Here is a new batch of music for you to try out.
This week’s UJT Radio Program:
- Grateful Dead – West LA Fadeaway — From the Vinyl!!! A great deep cut from their “In the Dark” album released in 1987. The musicianship of this song is remarkable!
- Stevie Wonder – Boogie on Reggae Woman – This is an amazing song from his iconic, “Fulfillingness’ First Finale” released in 1974.
- James Taylor — Machine Gun Kelly — This is a very deep cut from JT’s incredible record, “Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon” released in 1971. I about wore this cassette out cruising in the Med. when I was working for my uncle in 1971.
- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats – Hey Mama – I have no idea where I got this song from!!! It’s a good one though. It’s from their,” Tearing at the Seams” album released in 2018.
- Alan’s Morissette — Thank You — This song hooked me the first time I heard it. It’s just so raw and real!! This is the iTunes version but it was originally released in 1998 on her, “ Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie” album.
- Gordon Lightfoot – Carefree Highway – I remember when “Sundown” came out..It was such a moving collection of songs about love, loss, and going on. This is a deep cut from this great album released in 1974.
That’s it… Do the best you can; Laugh every chance you get; Always remember… The best is yet to come! As always, thank you for being my friend!