I found this one roaming the NYT Cooking site. I thought it sounded great but it just needed a couple of things. This dish works as a side dish or the main course for a veggie feast.
2 zucchini or eggplant, or a combination, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 small Red Onion, chunked
1 lbs Mushroom caps,
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbs minced fresh oregano or marjoram
¼ tsp red-pepper flakes
1/2 tsp TJ Chili Lime Spice
1 Tbs Key Lime juice
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Heat the grill to high. Soak bamboo skewers in a cookie sheet with enough water to cover.
- Wash and dry veggies and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, oregano TJ Chili Lime spice and red-pepper flakes. Whisk in oil. Add to the veggies to the bowl and gently toss to coat. Let marinate while the grill heats up.
- Thread vegetables onto metal or pre-soaked bamboo skewers. Whisk Key Lime juice into leftover marinade at the bottom of bowl and set aside
- When the grill is hot, add the skewers. Cook, rotating them carefully every few minutes, until evenly browned and slightly charred in places, about 7 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter. Brush with remaining marinade
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.